Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Korean War Monument

Down the road from the clock is the Korean war monument. I didn't take any pictures of the museum inside, because I figured it wouldn't be allowed. You're not missing much, though--just typical war pictures, examples of uniforms and weapons, stuff like that. It's just a one-room deal.





In front of the little black rectangle is an altar, I guess. When I went on New Year's Day (Lunar), there was a pot with ashes in it, where a flame had been burning, but it was gone yesterday.


This is the back side of the monument.


This wall is behind the monument. The the left of the picture is some sort of flying chick playing a flute.

2 comments:

Mitch Romano said...

Hi..very nice to read from your blogs... wow you are really in Korea. How's Korean treating you. Hope to read more from you...more pictures pls...

Alier said...

It's treating me okay here. I work most of the time, and haven't had much time to see the sights, but I have another 11 months to go, so plenty of time. I'm studying Korean on the weekends when I have free time, and it's nice when I figure out how to use it with the locals.